Consent Agreement for Processing and Transferring Personal Data
Under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Japan Valuers Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “Our Company”) requests the provision of personal data for the purposes specified Section 1 of this consent agreement.
Regarding the personal data provided by individuals located in the member countries of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the United Kingdom (Great Britain and Northern Ireland) (hereinafter referred to as the “EEA and Others”), Our Company shall handle such data in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations of Japan, Our Company’s internal regulations as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) recognizing the importance of security.
Furthermore, the personal data provided by you will be transferred to Our Company located outside the EEA and Others. Please contact us only of you agree to this processing and transferring of your personal data outside the EEA and Others.
However, in accordance with the stipulations outlined in Section 6 of this Consent Agreement, if the processing and cross border transfer of personal data are grounded on the lawfulness of processing as stipulated in Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR and the lawfulness of transfer stipulated in Article 49(1)(b) of the GDPR. Engaging in such activities shall be deemed lawful under the said provisions regardless of whether the consent in this Consent Agreement is given.
1.Purpose of Use of Personal Data
Our Company will utilize the personal data provided by you in the following purposes:
(1) Real estate price surveys,
(2) Real estate consulting, and
(3) Any other incidental business.
2.Management of Personal Data
Our Company shall properly manage the acquired personal data and retain it for the duration specified in our internal regulations. Additionally, we shall take necessary measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of the personal data.
3.Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties
In principle, personal data acquired will not be disclosed to third parties outside Our Company unless consent has been obtained the subject data or when required by law. However, there may be cases where personal data is shared within our company or disclosed to the following third parties in order to carry out the tasks described in Section 1.
(1) Public institutions such as administrative offices and courts
(2) Private companies as required for procedural reasons.
4.Outsourcing of Personal Data Processing Tasks
Acquired personal data may be handled by a private company as required by the procedures for carrying out the tasks stated in Section 1. In such cases, our company shall exercise necessary supervision over the outsourced data processors to ensure that the personal data is properly managed and secured.
5.Rights of the Data Subject
The data subject has the following rights. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in advance using the address provided at the conclusion of this agreement.
(1) The right to access one’s personal data and obtain information on its processing;
(2) The right to request correction or deletion of personal data;
(3) The right to request that the controller to restrict the processing in relation to the data subject;
(4) The right to data portability;
(5) The right to object to the processing of personal data;
(6) The right not to be subject to a decision exclusively based on automated processing; including profiling which produces legal effects or similar significant consequences concerning the data subject;
(7) The right to withdraw consent at any time (without prejudice to the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to such withdrawal);
(8) The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities established in each country within the EEA and Others applicable jurisdiction to monitor the application of the GDPR.
6.Supplementary Information Regarding the Legality of Personal Data Processing and Cross-Border Transfers
(1)In cases where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or for taking pre-contractual measures upon the request of data subject (Article 6(1) (b) of the GEPR), the processing shall be considered lawful under this provision regardless of whether the consent in the consent agreement is given. The legality of the processing is determined in accordance with the provisions of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR.
(2) The lawfulness of cross-border transfers where such transfers are necessary for the performance of a contract between the data subject and the controller (Our Company), or for implementing pre-contractual measures upon the request of data subject before the conclusion of such contract (Article 49(1)(b) of the GDPR) shall be governed by the applicable law and regulations regardless of data subject’s consent as stated in this consent agreement.